Yes, it's a bother... but sadly, it's part of the world we live in today.
1. You are hiring us as a consultant to provide advice and support regarding your Hunter sailboat. We will provide, to the best of our ability, information on the design and construction of the boat based on the our experience with the same or similar boat models and designs and/or the experiences of other owners.
2. We will provide services for you at the rate agreed upon during the appointment booking process, which is currently $35 per one-half hour. No fees will be billed in excess of those without your electronic or written permission. Your credit card will be charged when your appointment is scheduled. If we cancel your appointment or determine in advance of the appointment that we are unable to help you, this fee will be refunded in full. You agree not to dispute or submit a chargeback to your bank unless we fail to comply with this agreement.
3. If you cancel the appointment more than 24 hours before the start time we will issue a full refund. If you cancel within 24 hours of the appointment the fee is not refundable. If you are unable or fail to answer our phone call at the time of the appointment, we may determine it to be a cancelation, at our discretion.
4. All drawings, models, designs, formulas, methods, documents, and anything else we prepare for you or provide to you belongs exclusively to us. You agree that such information is confidential and that you will not publish it or cause it to be published, or use it or cause it to be used for the benefit of any entity or organization, in printed or digital form, without our express written consent.
5. SB Owners, LLC, and its employees, will not be liable to you for any claims of any kind including without limitation property damage, loss of use of property, injury, or loss of life, even if the we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. If damages result from fraud or willful misconduct, our collective liability is limited to the amount you have paid us for consulting services during the prior twelve month period preceding the claim.
6. We do not guarantee that your repair, upgrade, restoration, or other project will result in your satisfaction or desired outcome. (There are way too many factors beyond our control!)
7. Paragraphs number 4, 5, and 6 will remain in force even after this agreement ends or is terminated. Also, you agree that they are reasonable and necessary to protect our interests and are not unreasonably restrictive.
8. If any one of these provisions is determined to be unenforceable, the rest of the agreement will remain in force.
9. This agreement is governed by the State of Washington. It is the complete agreement supersedes any other agreements, whether written or oral. Any dispute will be arbitrated in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association. No modifications are valid unless signed by both parties. A waiver of any provision will not be considered a waiver of any future rights.
We'll send you a copy of the agreement via email when your reservation is complete.